Saturday, June 13, 2009

So I said I'd try...

And here I am trying. Question is, what do I say? We had an exercise in my 7th grade English class during our free-write sessions where if you couldnt think of anything to write, you just kept writing over and over, "I don't know what to write." I believe that was the only creative writing class I've ever taken. I really enjoyed it. I'd have to thank Mr. MacMillan for getting me into writing. I'd have to thank my last job for killing the passion. I know people say when you do what you love for a living, it doesn't feel like a job. My last job as an editor of a publication killed the passion I had for writing, as much as I wanted to write, I couldn't stand being in front of a keyboard anymore. That's another thing, writing on paper and typing on screen are two different worlds. The pencil in your hand (I hate pen) gives you a feeling of creation. Your own handwriting, as messy or as intricate as may be, is yours. People can identify your writing, they know you wrote this. On screen, every one by default is now Arial or Times New Roman. On this blog, feel free to call me Verdana.

No comments: